Wednesday 15 February 2012

Mex Tex or Tex Mex?

I received an email from ASOS promoting various new ranges and deals but one of the features which caught my eye was the 'Mexican Rave' range. ASOS describe the products as taking "a trip down Mexico way with fluro florals, bright patterns and colourful embellishment. Your inspiration? Frida Kahlo self-portraits and El Dia de los Muertos decorations". Here are some of the stand-out pieces for me:

ASOS Pom Pom Denim Hotpants £25

 

ASOS Mex Tex Print Strappy Playsuit £40

 

ASOS Multi Arrow Spike Necklace £25

 

ASOS Helix Platform High Sandal £65

ASOS go on to describe it: "It started as the cool girl’s fancy dress of choice; now Day of the Dead skulls, along with Aztec prints, distressed denim and a heady trip of neon are mixing it up as spring’s most vibrant look. Motif T-shirts and stacks of friendship bracelets are an easy way into the trend, or keep it fresh and team loud prints on tops and dresses with sporty details or flashes of fluoro."

I think it is a really fun collection full of brights perfect for summer and the festival season. I would love to get my hands on even just one thing (probably the playsuit or shorts) and will use my student discount as best I can here! If you are a student, and haven't already, check out https://www.myunidays.com/ as you can get discount codes without having an NUS card! It's great!
Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment